New Zealand National Fieldays Society INCORPORATED
This Policy applies to the personal information of our event attendees, exhibitors, suppliers, customers, advertisers, sponsors, business partners, the general public and any other third parties (referred to as “you” and “your”). We have a separate policy that deals with the personal information of employees, independent contractors and volunteers.
Your privacy is important to us and we take your privacy and our commitments to privacy seriously. We respect your personal privacy and are committed to maintaining your trust and confidence in the way we collect, store, use and share your personal information. This Policy sets out how we collect, store, use and share your personal information, and how we comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020.
Personal information includes any information that can identify you as an individual. You have the choice not to provide us with your personal information (other than as required by law). However, this may result in us being unable to provide you with some or all of our goods and/or services, including but not limited to access to events, access to a fully functioning Mobile App and Explorer Wristband, reduction in the areas that you will be able to access on the websites which we operate and a substantial reduction in the overall level of service we are able to provide to you.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions of use for our websites, any terms and conditions relating to ticket purchases and any other terms and conditions that you agree to from time to time (which may be transaction specific, for example the terms and conditions associated with a competition, prize draw, or specific marketing or promotional activity).
What personal information do we collect from you?
We collect personal information in a variety of instances as part of our ordinary business operations. Personal information that we collect from you may include:
- information relating to your identity, such as your full name, date of birth, address, and information to verify this information (for example passport and/or birth certificate);
- your contact information, including your residential address, work address, postal address, email address and phone numbers;
- information obtained from you when submitting enquiries to us, or providing requests for us to provide goods and services;
- where we are proposing to provide credit to you, we may request personal information that is financial information, such as your income, expenses, employment history, credit history, bank statements, payment information and other financial information we reasonably require to consider a request from you for us to provide goods and/or services, including providing you with credit;
- reference information, including trade reference information and referees;
- billing and payment information including credit card number, card expiration date and your Card Verification Value (CVV) number;
- cookies (as explained below), computer and/or network IP address, and website usage information;
- location services such as GPS, IP address and other sensors when you use our Mobile App and have location services enabled on your mobile device;
- various other personal information that you provide to us as part of our business; and
- other personal information that we are required to collect pursuant to applicable law and pursuant to our internal policies and procedures.
When do we collect personal information from you?
We collect personal information from you when you interact with us, you attend our events, or we interact with you. The personal information we collect will depend on the nature and purpose of the interaction with us. We will generally collect your personal information when you:
- contact us, whether via telephone, text message, email and/or post;
- contact us via our website, webform, chat feature, social media or using any other electronic platforms;
- consent to the use of the Explorer Wristband;
- use our Mobile App;
- enquire about our goods and/or services;
- agree to do business with us, which may include but not limited to you supplying goods or services to us, or us supplying goods and/or services to you, whether in person, in writing, electronically (including via our website or email) or during a phone conversation;
- enter our business premises or an event location, via CCTV;
- when you attend our events by authorised broadcasters and media through the use of photographic images including through the use of drones, third party CCTV, third party videographers and third party photographers;
- place an order to purchase goods and/or services from us, either directly, or via one of our authorised agents or business partners, whether in person, electronically (including via our Website or by email), or during a phone conversation;
- participate in competitions and promotions which may be available from time to time;
- visit our websites at https://www.fieldays.co.nz/ , https://nznfs.co.nz/ or any other website we operate; and
- sign up to our mailing lists.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to our collection, storage, use, and sharing of your personal information and using it in accordance with this Policy and applicable law.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information where it is necessary to respond to your request, provide goods and/or services you have requested, or to otherwise manage your interaction with us. When we obtain your personal information we will only use that personal information for the purpose for which it is collected, as set out in this Policy or as permitted by law. Generally, we will collect and use personal information from you for the following purposes:
- receiving and responding to your enquiries in relation to our goods and/or services;
- receiving and processing your requests for us to provide goods and/or services to you, contacting you in relation to the goods and/or services you have requested, and providing those requested goods and/or services;
- to process, administer and complete any transactions for goods and/or services that you have placed or requested, including via the Website;
- to perform any contract you may have entered into with us;
- for our business processes, management and the improvement and development of our goods and/or service;
- to act on any request that you make, for example any general queries or request for assistance;
- to determine whether to provide, or continue to provide, credit to you;
- to verify your identity, for example if you have forgotten your password, you are having login problems on one of the websites or you need support to use one of our services or websites;
- for the purpose of relationship management, marketing, promoting and/or advertising our goods and/or services to you, which may include direct marketing in both physical and electronic formats (unless you opt out as below). We may also invite you to participate in market research, surveys, or ask you to provide a review or reference in relation to us or in relation to our goods and/or services;
- allowing you to participate in competitions and promotions which may be available from time to time;
- enforcing our agreements with you that relate to our goods and/or services; and
- for any other purpose for which the personal information was collected.
Do we collect personal information from third parties?
In most instances we will collect personal information directly from you. However, given the nature of the goods and/or services we provide, it will not always be possible to collect all personal information directly from you.
We will only collect personal information about you from third parties as set out in this Policy, where it is reasonably necessary in the circumstances, where we are obtaining such personal information from a publicly available source, or where you have provided your express or implied consent. Examples of where we collect personal information about you from third parties include:
- publicly available sources, such as the companies office, motor vehicle register or personal property securities register;
- third parties engaged to complete videography, photography and CCTV services for us;
- our third party service providers who collect your personal information through the purchase of tickets to events and through the registration and use of the Explorer Wristband;
- credit referencing and/or reporting agencies;
- regulators, government authorities, Courts or the Police; and
- when we are required to do so pursuant to applicable law or our internal policies and procedures.
Do we share your information with third parties?
We may need to share your personal information with third parties from time to time. We will only share personal information with third parties where we are permitted under this Policy, where you have specifically authorised us to do so or where we are permitted or required to in accordance with applicable law. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- third parties that help us to provide the goods and/or services you have enquired about, or purchased, including our subcontractors and service providers;
- regulatory and/or government authorities, such as the Police, Courts and government authorities including the Ministry of Health when required to under the Health Act 1956;
- exhibitors who have directly connected with you and which you have consented by way of the Explorer Wristband;
- the promoter of our events that you are booking tickets through;
- the owner of the venue at which our events are held;
- our IT service providers, developers, and data storage providers, who may be located outside of New Zealand;
- our IT and physical security providers;
- payment providers;
- credit referencing and reporting agencies;
- debt collection, enforcement and repossession agents;
- our insurers and other professional advisors; and
- third parties that assist us to comply with applicable law and our policies and procedures, for example for independent verification purposes pursuant to anti-money laundering legislation and procedures.
How do we protect and store your information?
We are committed to using industry standard practices to ensuring that the personal information you provide to us is safe against loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised modification and unauthorised disclosure including when provided to our third parties. We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary to carry out the purpose for which we collected it (which may be a reasonable period after your last interaction with us) or longer than required by law.
We have implemented a variety of security measures in relation to the protection of personal information and we will take reasonable technical, physical and organisational steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, damage, unauthorised alteration, use or disclosure, and to maintain the personal information’s integrity.
In some cases we may use technology such as file encryption when we are transmitting personal information from time to time. Where personal information transmission is taking place by unencrypted email, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will remain secure during transmission.
Where we are sharing your personal information with third parties, we will use reasonable endeavours to require the third party to maintain confidentiality of your personal information. We will ensure that third parties, including third party service providers engaged by NZNFS are committed to keeping your personal information safe as set out above.
If we are sharing your personal information with a third party that is not located in New Zealand, and the third party is not a data storage provider to us or otherwise subject to the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020, we will require the third party to protect your personal information in a way that provides comparable safeguards to those in the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020.
Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, assist in delivering the cookie. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on our website. We do not use this technology to access your personal information. It is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about the website’s usage. We may share this tracking information with third parties.
By providing us with your contact details, you agree to receive our marketing and other communications (including commercial electronic messages) electronically (via email or text message) and by post. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us you can unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe feature in any commercial electronic message, or notifying us by email at info@NZNFS.co.nz, or by contacting us directly by telephone or post.
Links to other websites
What happens if there is a breach of your privacy?
If we believe that there has been a privacy breach, then we will identify the breach and take reasonable steps to minimise any harm caused by the breach. Where we believe any breach of privacy poses a risk of serious harm, or is likely to cause serious harm, then we are required to notify the Privacy Commissioner and affected parties.
Where you believe that there has been a breach in relation to your privacy, then please contact us as soon as possible. Our Privacy Officer’s contact details are set out at the end of this Policy.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with or resolved your complaint then you can escalate this by contacting the Privacy Commissioner at any time:
Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner
Phone: 0800 803 909
What is your right to access your personal information?
You are entitled to ask whether we hold any personal information about you, access any personal information that we hold about you and to request the correction of any personal information held by us. You will always have the option to withdraw consent that you have provided at any time
If you wish to access, correct or with draw your consent to your personal information held by us then please contact our Privacy Officer on the details set out below.
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time as we see appropriate. In the event we do amend this Policy, we will post the revised version on our website and use reasonable endeavours to draw your attention to the amended policy. The most recent version of this Policy will apply from its effective date.
How to get in touch with us
Your privacy is important to us, if you have a general privacy enquiry or complaint about a privacy breach then please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org